I don’t know about you but I always end up making the same sauce. But not this time I was determined to make some changes. One thing, the longer you leave the chicken to marinate the better tasting dish it will be at the end.
Suitable for: Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free
Prep: 15 min, Cooking Time : 60 mins
Serves : 4-6 people
10 chicken legs
2 to 3 teaspoons salt or to taste
2 teaspoons coriander powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
2 tablespoons corn flour
300ml Malt Vinegar
100g salted Butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl
- Add vinegar and honey to this mixture
- Put the chicken into the bowl and rub in the sauce. Leave to marinate for up to 6 hours in the fridge (optional)
- Lay the chicken onto a deep oven tray.
- Before placing in the oven, cut butter into small cubes and spread on the chicken and cover with Aluminium foil.
- Cook on top tray for 45 mins at 220°C or Gas Mark 9
- After 45 minutes, remove the baking foil and turn the chicken pieces so that the sauce covers it all over
- Place chicken back into the oven for a further 15 mins or until golden brow