I am sure you already know chicken is a good source of lean meat with lots of proteins, minerals, B5 and B6. Try on a griddle pan and not only is it quick and easy but low in fat. If you have no griddle pan you can use a frying pan. This way of cooking retains all the goodness and flavour. Your chicken will therefore be moist and succulent.
When cutting the chicken breast use a sharp knife and cut 2/3 of the way into the width of the chicken breast. Wrap the cut piece in cling film and flatten this using a rolling pin or mallet to about quarter to half inch. Cooking time will reduce if pieces are sliced thin. If you have no mallet or rolling pin just cut into thin slices.
Have a go and enjoy.
Suitable for: Gluten free (Coeliac), Dairy free and Scd (Colitis)
Prep Time : 10 mins and leave to marinade for 30 minutes (Total 40 minutes)
Serves : 2-4 people
2 Whole Chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves peeled
1 inch sliced ginger
1 green chilli (Strength varies please be cautious)
1 level teaspoon salt for taste
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon sunflower oil for cooking
Fresh coriander or parsley for garnish
- Prepare Chicken breast into pieces as shown in picture
- Make a thick paste from garlic, ginger and chilli (can use food processor or pestle & mortar)
- In a bowl put all the ingredients together adding salt, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and lemon juice and mix
- Add the chicken to this mixture and leave to marinade for 30 minutes
- Heat the griddle when really hot brush with a little oil and cook chicken for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through
- Serve with some salad or grilled vegetables of your choice and garnish with herbs
- The chicken can also be served in a wrap with a filling of your choice